Recipes Nugget Markets Signature Recipes
- Prep time
- 30 minutes PT30M
- Cook time
- 45 minutes PT45M
- 10 servings
A signature dish of New Orleans, Jambalaya is a traditional, one-pot favorite filled with bold flavor, perfect spice and a balance of seafood and sausage.
- 2 tablespoons hot paprika
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into medium chunks
- 1 pound andouille sausage, cut into ¼-inch rounds
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, medium diced
- 1 green bell pepper, medium diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, medium diced
- 1 pound celery, medium diced
- 3 cups long grain white rice
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 ounces), strained
- 1½ pounds (16-20 count) tail-on shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
In a small bowl combine hot paprika, granulated garlic, thyme, cayenne pepper, dark chili powder, ground cumin and salt. In a medium bowl, toss spices with the chicken thighs and andouille.
Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Sauté peppers, onion and celery for 2 minutes.
Incorporate seasoned chicken and andouille with bell peppers and onions in the sauté pan. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring so it doesn't burn. Add chicken stock and bay leaves, and cover; simmer on low for 15 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, shrimp, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce; stir to incorporate.
Cook on medium heat for 8–10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.